Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Honor

Honor

Book Title: Honor

Author: Jay Crownover

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Release Date: October 18, 2016

Format: e-ARC

Number of Pages: 278

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of a Series….This is the first book in ‘The Breaking Point’ series, which is a continuation of the ‘Welcome to the Point’ Series.

Summary:
Don’t be fooled.
Don’t make excuses for me.
I am not a good man.
I’ve seen things no one should, done things no one should talk about. Honor and conscience have no place in my life. But I’ve fought and I’ve survived. I’ve had to.
The first time I saw her dancing on that seedy stage in that second rate club, I felt my heart pulse for the first time. Keelyn Foster was too young, too vibrant for this place, and I knew in an instant that I would make her mine. But first I had to climb my way to the top. I had to have something more to offer her.
I’m here now, money is no object and I have no equal. Except for her. She's disappeared. But don’t worry, I will find her and claim her. She will be mine.
Like I said, don’t be fooled. I am not the devil in disguise... I’m the one standing front and center.

Happily Ever After: Yes

What I Liked Most About This Book: I think the thing I liked most about this book was Keelyn. She is definitely not your stereotypical romance heroine – she isn’t some blushing virgin, she’s a stripper….and she doesn’t pine after a man, relying on him to come save her from her terrible life, she spends a good portion of her time pushing him away. It is not often in a romance novel that you find the man chasing after the woman. It is very refreshing to turn the tables for once. It is also not often that you find a heroine who knows what she wants and can stand on her own two feet. She is a strong woman who can stand up for herself and take care of herself. Finally a heroine I can identify with. Someone who shows that it is ok to be stubborn, and strong, and maybe even a little difficult. She doesn’t need a man, which makes it all that much sweeter when she decides that she wants one.

What I Liked Least About This Book: There isn’t much about this book that I didn’t like…. I feel like I am reaching deep and nit-picking to come up with something to put here, but in the prologue of the story (which I LOVED) it was mentioned that Nassir Gates was not really his name, it was a name he later gave himself. It bugged be throughout the whole story not knowing what his real name was. In fact it still bugs me. 

Share A Quote From The Book:  “I could never control her, and that’s why she was perfect for me.”

Would I Recommend This Book: Absolutely. If you are not reading the Point books, you are seriously missing out!

Would I Re-Read This Book: Yep! I plan to re-read it again with everyone when it officially comes out…if not before.

Rating: 5 Stars!!

Other Comments: Seriously, after reading this book and seeing more of him I have decided that Chuck needs his own story!




No comments:

Post a Comment