Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Trouble With Fate

**As reviewed by Alison**

Author: Leigh Evans

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Release Date: December 2012

Format: Paperback

Number of Pages: 344

Stand alone or series: Book 1 of 4

Summary: (Taken from the back cover of the book).


I HAVE TWO WORDS FOR WEREWOLVES:
My name is Hedi Peacock and I have a secret.  I’m not human, and I have the pointy Fae ears and Were inner-bitch to prove it.  As fairy tales go, my childhood was damn near perfect, all fur and magic until a werewolf killed my father and the Fae executed my mother.  I’ve never forgiven either side.  Especially Robson Trowbridge.  He was a part-time werewolf, a full-time bastard, and the first and only boy I ever loved.  That is, until he became the prime suspect in my father’s death…
BITE ME.
Today I’m a half-breed barista working at a fancy coffee house, living with my loopy Aunt Lou and a temperamental amulet named Merry, and wondering where in the world I’m going in life.  A pretty normal existence, considering.  But when a pack of Weres decides to kidnap my aunt and force me to steal another amulet, the only one who can help me is the last person I ever thought I’d turn to:  Robson Trowbridge.  And he’s as annoyingly beautiful as I remember.  That’s the trouble with fate:  Sometimes it barks.  Other times it bites.  And the rest of the time it just breaks your heart.  Again…

Happily ever after?: For now... but there are still three books to go.

What I liked most: Fun, easy read. Good introduction to the characters. I like how Hedi and Bridge have a love/hate relationship.

What I liked least: Took me a while to understand what Merry was (the amulet, Hedi wears, that is alive). It was a little ways into the book before the author explained her.

Favorite quote: He waited for me to explode again, and when I didn't, he used his two fingers on my forehead to ease me back into my seat. "You are one crazy-ass Tinker Bell," he said, returning his attention to the road (Bridge about Hedi, page 111).

Would I recommend it?: Yes, I really enjoyed reading it!

Would I re-read it?: Right now, yes... I reserve the right to withdraw this statement after finishing book 4 (I do prefer happily ever afters).

Other comments: Visit Leigh Evans' website!!! http://www.leighevans.com/trouble_with_fate

No comments:

Post a Comment