Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bad For You

Author: Abbi Glines

Genre: New Adult Fiction

Release Date: April 1, 2014

Format: Nook e-book

Number of Pages: 200

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: It is part of the Sea Breeze series, but it could be read as a stand-alone, as each book in the series is about a different couple.

Summary: Addiction is part of Krit Corbin’s nature - and women have always been his favorite obsession. But that’s the life of a lead singer in a band. He can have any woman he wants – anywhere, anytime. Well, except one.

Blythe Denton is used to being alone. The minister’s family who raised her never accepted her as their own, and the cruel minister’s wife made sure Blythe understood just how unworthy she was of love. So when she finally gets the chance to live by herself, Blythe takes it and moves into an apartment building with a loud upstairs neighbor who keeps throwing parties all night long.

It’s during one such party when Krit opens the door to find his new neighbor standing there. Blythe wants him to turn down the music, but he convinces her to stay. She’s nothing like the women who parade in and out of his apartment, but Krit can’t resist her – her brown hair, cute glasses, and sexy innocence is too much for him to ignore.

Determined to win Blythe over, Krit Corbin may have just found his biggest addiction yet.

Happily Ever After: Yes

What I Liked Most About This Book: Krit. I didn’t instantly fall in love with Krit when he first appeared in Misbehavin’g like many others seemed to do. As such, I was a bit wary about my chances of liking this story, but as I am a HUGE Abbi Glines fan, I gave it a shot. I am glad I did, Krit totally proved himself to me. I guess I am a total sucker for a screwed-up, broken male lead.

What I Liked Least About This Book: The book was pretty predictable and the major plot twists were a bit obvious. I guessed they were coming AGES before they did.

Share A Quote From The Book:
Once I had thought I understood jealousy. I has seen the girl I was sure I loved in the arms of another man. One she wanted. One who she deserved. But that hadn’t been jealousy. It had been loss. Jess had been a lot like me. Hell, Jess may have been just like me. When life had felt lonely, I knew Jess was there.
This burning possessive fury that was pumping in my veins at the thought of Linc touching Blythe or seeing her orgasm or kissing her lips was all consuming. I’d never felt this before.

“Krit, meet jealousy. It’s a bitter bitch,” Green said with an amused grin.

Would I Recommend This Book: Absolutely.

Would I Re-Read This Book: I am sure I will re-read it a million times, like I have all of Abbi Glines’ other books. It will probably give Just for Now a run for its money as my most re-read Glines book.

Rating: Four-and-a-half out of five stars


Other Comments:  I am pretty bummed that we didn’t meet the members of Jackdown until this book, which is 7th in the Sea Breeze series. They seem like pretty cool dudes and I would LOVE to see more of them and get their stories as well. Too bad that (I think) there is only one more book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment